Best Cooling Weight Vest Comparison Guide –
Perspiring can not be avoided when wearing a weight vest during workout, more so if you wear it during hot weather. You will definitely sweat much more and feel that you are overheating in any humid climate.
Sweating, as smelly and uncomfortable as it can be, would also mean you are burning extra calories. That may be one of your goals in wearing a weight vest in the first place. However, excessive sweating may also leave you dehydrated and is very uncomfortable. So should you leave your weight vest behind when it gets really warm outside and you love to be outdoors? Not so fast.
There is two different vests a) a weight vest that is made of breathable material and b) a cooling vest without weights that will cool off your body temperature while doing outdoor workouts in hot climates which I am introducing at the very end of this article.
1. Best Weight Vest for the Outdoors in Hot Weather
Firstly, Let’s find ways on how you can wear your weight vest during your usual workout even if the sun is shining intensely.
Here are some of my suggestions:
- To get the Best Weight Vest for the outdoors choose a weight vest that is made of a breathable material. There are vests that have breathable panels at the side for air circulation. Look for a design made of mesh or a sweat-wicking fabric with good airflow through out so you won’t get too sweaty. There are also vests that are odor resistant so even if you sweat, it will not smell.
- Wear a shirt under your Best Cooling Weight Vest that is made of a wicking material that keeps the sweat off your skin.
- You may want to invest extra in a Sweat-Stopper Liner. It is machine wash/dry liner that you can use under your vest to prevent bad odor and sweat.
- Manage the weights in your Best Weight Vest for the Outdoors. During hot weather, wearing a weighted vest with weights that is about 10 percent of your body weight while walking may just be enough. You will already burn calories of 8 percent.
- Chose the perfect route and a go early in the morning or evening to avoid the most hot time of the day. Let’s say you will run wearing your weight vest, determine the less humid time of the day to do your running. Pick routes that have natural shades like trees. Try to avoid asphalt or concrete. If you feel too much heat while wearing your weight vest during hot weather, you can take off your vest for a while.
- Keep hydrated. In all physical activities, it is always recommended to be well-hydrated. Bring water with you so you can replenish all fluids that you have expelled.
- Respect the weather. Don’t let the weather dictate your routine. But also respect the weather. It is too hot, lower the intensity of your workout. As your body adapts to the heat, gradually increase the pace and intensity of your workout. The American Council on Exercise recommends to slow down when the temperature is above 90 degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity is above 60 percent.
Here are examples of Best Weight Vest for the Outdoors in Hot Weather that you may want to consider:
- Great breathable material, stretch fabric is wicking, odor resistant, and cool
- Open side panels provides for ventilation
- Fits most body sizes
- Great for both men and women
- Thin profile allows freedom of movement
- Unisex design with side lacing for highly-adjustable fit
- Secured weights, do not move around or bounce out
- Front zipper for easy unzipping during recovery intervals to allow for additional ventilation
- Easy to dry after use
- All weights need to be removed for machine washing
- Front and back may get extremely sweaty during a workout
- Difficult to move weights around
- Provides maximum comfort, soft bound edges for extra comfort
- Construction reinforced with nylon mesh for breathability
- Distributes weights evenly
- Flexible weights
- Stretch pockets allow for quick removal/addition of weights
- Durable construction
- Fit snug perfectly, overlapping straps that keep vest secure
- Fits most body sizes, Velcro belt adjusts to fit most body sizes
- Low price
- Velcro stitching on the inside of the straps tend to come apart
- All upgradeable individual packets can hold up to 50lbs
- Mid-chest belt for maximum hold no bouncing and no shifting
- 50 Lbs. Total, Increment 3Lbs. One Velcro belt included
- Weights are loaded at top body front & back for optimum performance
- Machine washable and dryer also, first of its kind
- Breathable feature keeps your body cooler
2. Best Cooling Vest for Exercising Outdoors and in Hot Climates
I am excited to introduce to you this product “Best Cooling Vest for Exercising Outdoors and in Hot Climates” an awesome product especially for outdoor activities like golfing, running, and hiking in summers and hot climates.
You may want to try the Hyper Vest Cool. It is not a weight vest per se but it may help you in your workout especially during hot weather and to cool you off.
Hyper Vest Cool is the most comfortable, convenient, and effective way to cool the body’s temperature during, before, or after physical activity. It has performance fabric that stretchy, soft, and sweat-wicking. The cooling packs fit snugly to the core and don’t move around during activity.
The gel packs maintain a chilly 32 degrees for 30 minutes up to an hour. Vest includes gel packs but additional packs can be purchased separately.
Also check out my article: Weighted Vest Reviews and Comparison Guide