Weighted Vest for Kids
While one may wonder why children would ever need a weighted vest, if you have experience with children who suffer from neurological disorders, you are already well aware that the deep pressure that is provided from such vests are extremely beneficial for them.
In addition, children who are training to become professional athletes these weight vests can help to improve their strength and endurance.
Kids with autism, ADHD, sensory integration disorder or other disorders often get distracted and lack the ability to concentrate, but it has been shown that they do respond positively to self input.
Weighted vest for kids have been put into place to help these children with school and other daily activities while also providing them with the comfort and warmth they often require to behave at the best of their ability.
Benefits of Weighted Vest for Kids
Every design of weighted vest for kids focuses on providing that deep pressure that is comforting to children with neurological troubles. The vest offers a similar feeling of giving the children a big bear hug, or a special blanket for security as the material wraps around them, providing them with that proprioceptive feedback that encourages calmness, focus, balance and body awareness.
In regards to the safety of the child, there are some things to always check over on any weighted vest for kids. The sizing is crucial as you need the most secure fit possible. You must also check for anchors which are straps or tethers that are on the weighted vest for children but that also attach to a mount in a vehicle, for example, if you have an extremely clever or stubborn child. There are also different kinds of anchors and mounts, so deciding on your specific need is imperative. Sometimes you may need two – one for your family vehicle, one for the bus to school etc. but sometimes you can get your weighted vest for children customized to fit all needs.
Weighted Vest for Kids Reviews
If there was one weighted vest for kids that is highly recommended from parents, teachers and many others for different situations dealing with different neurological disorders but also for kids athletes: The Fun and Function’s Blue Weighted Compression Vest and the Abilitations Integrations PresSure Vest, 17″ Length it is.
- Weights are safely positioned in pockets inside the vest and can be added or removed
- Deep pressure can be intensified or removed as the tightness can be altered via Hook and Loop closures at the trunk and shoulders
- Different Sizes available from age 1 to 9+
- Soft neoprene shell for comfort (think deep-sea divers), air-conditioned mesh sides and pockets to place adjustable weights.
- Easy-on, hook and loop closures on sides and shoulders make size adjustment a snap
- Most sizes include two 1/2 lb. weights and four 1/4 lb
- Machine wash cold, line dry.
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 Stars (34 Customer Reviews)
Pros and Cons:
- Great Price (Starting $ 59.99)
- Fits Snug (maybe a little lose on shoulders)
- Easy to put on and take off
- Adjustable Weights
- Sizes run large so its recommended to go one size smaller
30 Day Money back Guarantee
The design for this weighted vest for kids has been created to be fashionable and comfortable for both boys and girls, and can also fit underneath the clothes. It is highly praised for being versatile, offering adjustable options to ensure the perfect effects for those children who fidget excessively and are in need of that pressure, and weighted feeling of a comforting hug.
- Deep pressure Vest made of Velcro with no Weights
- Secure hook and loop adjustable fit for a terrific “hug”
- Double stitched seams
- 2 choices for “fidget” adornments (cars or flowers, both included)
- Vest is 17″L (shoulder to waist)
- Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 6.8 x 2.5 inches
- ASIN: B0049TMRSQ
- Item model number: 1335078
- Average Customer Review: 4 Star (12 Customer Reviews)
Pros and Cons:
- Great Price (Starting at $ 51)
- Provides deep pressure
- Fits snug
- Very adjustable and enough room to grow
- Easy to clean
- No Air circulation
- Material not breathable
- Not for hot regions and in summer time
30 Day Money back Guarantee
This PresSure Vest isn’t itchy like many other products are, and the only common complaint is the warmth that it provides in southern areas such as Florida or Arizona. The deep, ideal pressure doesn’t allow the child to cool off in the consistency hot weather. So you must pay attention to the children’s temperature when in such regions.
The benefits of this vest far exceed anything that you can ever imagine. For anyone who has troubles with a troubled child suffering from a neurological disorder, this weighted vest for kids will provide the deep pressure that will instantly calm the anxious, fidgeting child. It’s a life saver for the child, and for the adults around them as well.