Weighted Vest Workouts Training Guide – Cardio Fitness Home Workouts
Weighted Vest Workouts in general help you build strengths, burn calories, boost your metabolism and ultimately make you lose weight. You are intensifying your home workouts if you wear a weighted vest each time while performing these exercises. I suggest to start with 5 lbs weights for women and 10 lbs for men if you are already exercising regularly. If you are a beginner please use half the weight as described above. This is just a recommendation and I encourage you to watch your body and breathing signs and adjust the weight for your vest accordingly. Please note that vest weights should not exceed 10% of your body weight…
All home workouts can be performed with or without a Weighted Vest.
I have listed Weighted Vest Workouts here below which I am doing myself. Please read through each of them and explore advantages and disadvantages and choose home workouts that fit best into your fitness routine. If you have any questions feel free to contact me here.
My Favorite Weighted Vest Workouts:
- Running & Walking
- Body Weight Workouts
- Hiking & Mountain Climbing
I have divided this weighted vest workouts training guide below into Two Parts:
- Cardio Fitness Home Workouts (Running & Walking, Aerobics, Spinning) and
- Body Weight Home Workouts (Body Weight Exercises and Yoga)
Part 1 – Cardio Fitness Weighted Vest Workouts Guide:
I am a strong believer that high intensity interval Weighted Vest Workouts of 25min each are more effective than 1hour long home workouts. I also like to break up my Weighted Vest Workouts and squeeze in different exercises. There is three Cardio Home Workouts I am doing with my weighted vest and other weighted clothes which I like to explain in detail here:
- Aerobics and
1. Walking-Running at Home on your Treadmill or Outdoors build up your condition and strength and is great for weight loss. Furthermore it releases stress, boosts your bones and strengthens your heart. While running you pump blood towards your heart, which needs to flow back so the more intense you run the more your heart needs to work. Tensions in your shoulders, neck and back will loosen up over time and it is clinically proven that jogging help treat depression. I combine these home workouts with some squats and lunches because it does not make the run seem so long and I can build up more muscle mass in my legs at the same time.
Again you are intensifying this home workout when you wear your Weighted Vest so start with less weight in the beginning.
Stretching your body before and after weighted vest workouts is essential to prevent injuries during your training session. Make sure you include a Full Body Stretch into your workout routine.
Type Intervalls Performance Guide Training Goal
Walking 5 min Speedy walk and normal distance between one leg and the other Build Strength, Enhance Health and Weight Loss
Running 5 min Slow run and short distance between one leg and the other Build Strength, Enhance Health and Weight Loss
Squats 2 min 30 Repetitions Build Leg Muscle Mass
Walking 5 min Speed up walk and shorter distance between one leg and the other Build Strength, Enhance Health and Weight Loss
Running 6 min Speed up and run to high intensity Build Strength, Enhance Health and Weight Loss
Lunges 2 min 20 Repetitions each leg Build Leg Muscle Mass
2. Aerobics is an exercise of low to medium intensity where you repeatedly move large muscles in your arms, legs and hips. Aerobic refers to air or oxygen. Aerobic exercise strengthens the heart and lungs by increasing the oxygen in your body and enabling the heart to use oxygen more effectively. Aerobic Home Workouts are a very effective workout to achieve high oxygen flow in your body. It tones your muscles and increases lean body mass, controls your body fat, improves your mood and reduces depression and anxiety.
I prefer doing aerobic classes at home but also use my gym to attend certain high impact aerobic classes. Check out your closest gym and their range of aerobic classes to meet your fitness needs. To intensify your aerobic home workouts wear your Weighted Vest while exercising.
For those of you who like to do their aerobic class at home, I have reviewed a large number of classes available for purchase online. You are able to exercise at home with your weighted vest and/or watch them comfortably on your Home TV first to get familiar with the program. Invite over friends and family and have fun home workouts sessions.
My Top 3 Aerobic Classes for Weighted Vest Workouts (Please click on the link to get price information):
- TurboFire DVD Workout Starter Pack for Beginners
- Beachbody’s TurboFire DVD Workout for People with Intermediate Fitness level
- INSANITY DVD Workout – Base Kit for People with Advanced Fitness level
Some people, who have already established their home workouts routine, choose to challenge it more and take it to the next level by trying Spinning with or without your weighted vest on. A Spinning Class on the bike is one of the more intense workouts where a weighted vest can be worn to even increase the intensity of the routine. Spinning is a weighted vest workout that is quite new in the world of fitness. You can attend a class in a fitness or health club where group participants take part in a workout on an exercise bike that may last from 30 to 60 minutes or have your cycling bike at home doing this workout. Typically, the spinning class has an instructor to guide spinning class participants through workout phases – from warm-up to more challenging climbs, and up to cool-down. The intensity of this workout can be modified as the spinning class participants are the one who will determine their own level of intensity and you can adjust the weight of your vest anytime you want.
Again, wearing your weighted vest while exercising on your bike can be executed in the gym or at home. For your home workouts all you’ll need is a Weighted Vest, a stationary bike, a towel, a water bottle and some music to create on of the most effective cardio home workouts for weight loss.
Advantages of Wearing a Weighted Vest in a Spinning Class
Spinning Weighted Vest Home Workouts is becoming more popular to challenge your exercise routines. Other than that, there are other benefits of doing a spinning class with your weighted vest.
1. Improve Cardiovascular Strength Spinning with your weighted vest is helpful in building endurance and improving cardiovascular strength. The additional weight of the vest gives your body the signal to work harder to accomplish cardiovascular strength.
2. Gain Muscle Strength Spinning with your weighted vest helps you strengthening your body muscles. It also encourages better posture, balance, and body mechanics. The improved body movement and gained flexibility can reduce the risk on some injuries.
3. Increased Calorie Burn Wearing a weighted vest while cardio exercising on a bike makes the body burn more calories. Added weight forces the body to work harder hence burning extra calories. This eventually helps you to reach your weight loss goal faster.
4. Weight Loss The weight loss effect of spinning with your weighted vest occurs when more calories are burned in this cardio workout. Spinning it self is challenging and it becomes harder when you add more weight onto your body. People who are aiming to loose weight can often experience accelerated weight loss when they begin wearing a weighted vest.
5. Increase Bone Density Weighted vests can be worn to help put more stress on the bones, thus making them denser and stronger. Spinning using a weighted vest can be especially beneficial as we age.
6. Health and Fitness Goals Spinning is a weighted vest workout that can safely deliver the health benefits that you want to achieve if you use it correctly. Weighted vests come in different sizes and types and can easily be adjusted. The proper way of using a weighted vest is to start with 2 pounds of weight, just to test your endurance, and then steadily increase the heaviness to a recommended maximum of 10 percent of your body weight. Keep in mind that injury is more likely if you wear a vest that exceeds 10 percent of your body weight.
Disadvantages of Wearing a Weighted Vest in a Spinning Class
1. Risk of Joint Injury Adding extra weight to the body forces the muscle to work harder, while the joints and ligaments absorb the impact. People who wear a weight vest are in at risk sustaining injury if they add weight more that the recommended weight and if they have suffered joint, tendon or ligament injury in the past particularly in the lower body.
2. Risk of Back Injury The body midsection is commonly the area where most people focus on in trying to get in shape thus most of people tend to carry extra weight in this area as well. Adding extra weight to the upper body by wearing a weighted vest can put your spine in a great amount of stress. Finally, many home workouts are said to improve your health and wearing a weight vest while exercising can be more effective to achieve your fitness goals. Hence, spinning are weighted vest home workouts that many people enjoy doing. Wearing your weighted vest while doing a spinning class on the bike can be a manageable routine to you, but may cause problems to others. Always consult your doctor first and make sure that extra weight carry and strenuous exercises are safe for you.
Questions: What are your favorite Weighted Vest Workouts and why?